If I’d have to choose between blondies and brownies I would usually always choose brownies because of their chocolaty fudgy goodness.
However this recipe might get me to change my mind.
I came up with these just like I come up with all of my recipes. I got into my kitchen, pulled things out of my fridge and pantry and just started to throw everything together.
I was hoping for the result to turn out edible but I really wasn’t expecting it to make my taste buds THAT happy. Well it did. My taste buds basically started to dance and I couldn’t stop coming back for seconds and thirds… let’s be real I couldn’t stop until all of the blondies were gone.
Without further ado here’s the recipe for you:
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 14 dates
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 50g almond butter
- 100g apple sauce
- 70g coconut flour
- 50g almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of vanilla
- Chocolate chips to taste
- Chop up your sweet potato and bake at 180°C for approx. 15 min. until soft.
- While your sweet potato is baking, mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a food processor blend the baked sweet potato, dates, maple syrup, almond butter and apple sauce.
- Incorporate the sweet potato blend with your dry ingredients. The batter should be quite thick but if it seems too thick you can add more apple sauce.
- Fold in as many chocolate chips as you like.
- Put the batter into a brownie mold and bake at 180°C for 25-30 minutes.