Anyone else as obsessed with granola as I am?
I wasn’t able to go a day without granola for the last couple of weeks. It makes a perfect addition to my breakfast oatmeals and smoothie bowls and it’s also perfect as a study snack or dessert with some fruit.
If there was a vitamin granola I would definitely not be deficient in that one.
Since I made quite a few batches of that stuff lately I have figured out my personal favorite basic recipe that I make some additions to here and there depending on what flavors I feel like that day.
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 3/4 cup dates
- 1/4 cup raisins/cranberries
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 160°C (320°F).
- Chop up the cashews, almonds and dates.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a big bowl. (At this point you might want to add any other additions. I also love to add some pumpkin seeds, shredded coconut, cacao nibs,…)
- In a smaller bowl stir together the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and and mix until everything is well combined.
- Spread your mixture and a baking sheet on your baking tray and bake for about 25-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- I would recommend to open the oven every 10 minutes to let out the steam and also stir your mixture a bit so it gets nice and crumbly.
- Let it cool down completely before you can store it in an airtight container.
Another year has passed. It’s really true what they say the older you get the faster time passes.
It’s my 26th birthday today and instead of partying (which I have actually never had a really big party for my birthday because I hate being the center of attention and I hate partying) I am taking some time for myself to just be mindful.
I always like to take some time on my birthdays and reflect on what has happened during the last year and today I thought I’d make a list of 26 things from the past years that I am grateful for.
- Being healthy: It’s the most important and most obvious one for sure.
- Being happy: I can truly say that it has been a year filled with mostly happiness for me.
- My parents: For helping me with yet another move and supporting my decisions. And obviously so many more things!
- Quitting my job: That was probably one of the toughest decisions of my life so far because I really liked my job but it just wasn’t where I wanted to be longterm.
- Starting to study Online-Media-Management: Even though it’s stressful with exams coming up at the moment I think it was the right decision because it connects so many of my passions.
- Still having my grandparents around: It’s definitely not a given to still have your grandparents alive and quite healthy at 26 and I’m really happy about it even though I barely see them anymore.
- Starting to practice yoga: By now it’s probably been a year since I really started doing yoga more frequently and it is amazing. It keeps me grounded and really helps de-stressing my body and my mind.
- My body: It does all this amazing things like breathing and pumping blood though my veins and it keeps me going every single day.
- All the traveling I’ve done: I started the year out in Tyrol with lovely friends which was awesome, then I met up with some old friends in Berlin in February, spent an amazing week in London with my sister in March, in the summer went on a trip to Hamburg, Stockholm and Berlin again to visit lovely people, afterwards I went on two weekend getaways to Tyrol with wonderful friends and lastly in September I traveled to Mallorca with my lovely friend Nina. I also spent quite a few times in Munich since I moved away but I count that as going home and not traveling.
- Munich: As I was just speaking of Munich, it has to be on this list. I didn’t realize just how grateful I am for Munich until I moved away.
- Being vegan: This was the first full year that I have been entirely vegan and it has been the best choice of my life so far (not an exaggeration). I have never felt so good, happy, calm and in peace with myself and the world around me ever before.
- New friends: I have met some wonderful people throughout the past year that I can now call really close friends.
- Old friends: Nevertheless I’m grateful for all my old friends that have stuck with me all throughout the year.
- Kind people: I am truly grateful for every person that has been kind to me and all the other people around them!
- Peace: I think this year was the year that I truly realized just how privileged I am for living in a part of the world where there is no war going on.
- Summer: Oh and what a summer it was! I had so many great days this summer out and about with friends. Picknicks, swims in the lake, late night strolls through Munich,…
- Finding a new passion: I have really gotten into Instagram over the last year and it’s become a great passion of mine.
- Starting this blog: I have been thinking about starting a blog for years now and I never really knew what it should be about. And to be honest I still don’t know and I’m not really consistent with posting yet. But at least I started and I can go on from there.
- Food: I love food and everything that comes with it. Cooking, decorating, going out to eat with friends. I just love food.
- Nature: I’ve spent so many wonderful moments in nature this year.
- Getting into minimalism: I am by far not a minimalist. But I started going into the direction of leading a more minimalistic life and it’s made me realize that I don’t need most of my stuff and that I can be happy with just a few things.
- Books: They are there whenever I feel like I just need to escape reality for a little while.
- Music: For always being there as well and playing the perfect soundtrack for this life.
- Sleep: You know sleep and I we’re having some trouble from time to time. There have been consecutive weeks where I only got 3-5 hours of sleep per night because I’ve had trouble falling asleep. But it got so much better over the past few month. I still suffer from insomnia from time to time but that’s okay because I can appreciate the nights where I have a good night sleep even more.
- Dreaming big: I started dreaming big this year. I’ve set up dreams and turned them into goals. And I’m working towards them every day.
- YOU: The people who are reading this and also bare with me on Instagram day in and day out. You are awesome!
There we go: Happy Birthday to myself!