Another year has passed. It’s really true what they say the older you get the faster time passes.
It’s my 26th birthday today and instead of partying (which I have actually never had a really big party for my birthday because I hate being the center of attention and I hate partying) I am taking some time for myself to just be mindful.
I always like to take some time on my birthdays and reflect on what has happened during the last year and today I thought I’d make a list of 26 things from the past years that I am grateful for.
- Being healthy: It’s the most important and most obvious one for sure.
- Being happy: I can truly say that it has been a year filled with mostly happiness for me.
- My parents: For helping me with yet another move and supporting my decisions. And obviously so many more things!
- Quitting my job: That was probably one of the toughest decisions of my life so far because I really liked my job but it just wasn’t where I wanted to be longterm.
- Starting to study Online-Media-Management: Even though it’s stressful with exams coming up at the moment I think it was the right decision because it connects so many of my passions.
- Still having my grandparents around: It’s definitely not a given to still have your grandparents alive and quite healthy at 26 and I’m really happy about it even though I barely see them anymore.
- Starting to practice yoga: By now it’s probably been a year since I really started doing yoga more frequently and it is amazing. It keeps me grounded and really helps de-stressing my body and my mind.
- My body: It does all this amazing things like breathing and pumping blood though my veins and it keeps me going every single day.
- All the traveling I’ve done: I started the year out in Tyrol with lovely friends which was awesome, then I met up with some old friends in Berlin in February, spent an amazing week in London with my sister in March, in the summer went on a trip to Hamburg, Stockholm and Berlin again to visit lovely people, afterwards I went on two weekend getaways to Tyrol with wonderful friends and lastly in September I traveled to Mallorca with my lovely friend Nina. I also spent quite a few times in Munich since I moved away but I count that as going home and not traveling.
- Munich: As I was just speaking of Munich, it has to be on this list. I didn’t realize just how grateful I am for Munich until I moved away.
- Being vegan: This was the first full year that I have been entirely vegan and it has been the best choice of my life so far (not an exaggeration). I have never felt so good, happy, calm and in peace with myself and the world around me ever before.
- New friends: I have met some wonderful people throughout the past year that I can now call really close friends.
- Old friends: Nevertheless I’m grateful for all my old friends that have stuck with me all throughout the year.
- Kind people: I am truly grateful for every person that has been kind to me and all the other people around them!
- Peace: I think this year was the year that I truly realized just how privileged I am for living in a part of the world where there is no war going on.
- Summer: Oh and what a summer it was! I had so many great days this summer out and about with friends. Picknicks, swims in the lake, late night strolls through Munich,…
- Finding a new passion: I have really gotten into Instagram over the last year and it’s become a great passion of mine.
- Starting this blog: I have been thinking about starting a blog for years now and I never really knew what it should be about. And to be honest I still don’t know and I’m not really consistent with posting yet. But at least I started and I can go on from there.
- Food: I love food and everything that comes with it. Cooking, decorating, going out to eat with friends. I just love food.
- Nature: I’ve spent so many wonderful moments in nature this year.
- Getting into minimalism: I am by far not a minimalist. But I started going into the direction of leading a more minimalistic life and it’s made me realize that I don’t need most of my stuff and that I can be happy with just a few things.
- Books: They are there whenever I feel like I just need to escape reality for a little while.
- Music: For always being there as well and playing the perfect soundtrack for this life.
- Sleep: You know sleep and I we’re having some trouble from time to time. There have been consecutive weeks where I only got 3-5 hours of sleep per night because I’ve had trouble falling asleep. But it got so much better over the past few month. I still suffer from insomnia from time to time but that’s okay because I can appreciate the nights where I have a good night sleep even more.
- Dreaming big: I started dreaming big this year. I’ve set up dreams and turned them into goals. And I’m working towards them every day.
- YOU: The people who are reading this and also bare with me on Instagram day in and day out. You are awesome!
There we go: Happy Birthday to myself!